Saturday, June 11, 2011

Solar panels and quilting

These are the solar panels at the back, East facing, of the house. These have been wired to a 2kw inverter.
 These panels are on the front, West facing, of our house and have been connected to a 3kw inverter. So all together we will be pumping a massive 5kw of energy!
This is for Leanne of Cottage Tails, link on side bar, She wanted to see what I was quilting. This is the candlewicking quilt. I tried to get a full photo but the stitching wont show. So here it is on my machine I quilted it stitch in the ditch style.
come back tomorrow for the start of the holiday snaps.
see ya

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Your solar panels look great, keep us up on how well they work, please.

Never did candlewicking, it looks rather pretty!

Grammy said...

That is a beautiful quilt. I tried a search. We have a 200 am service and like a space heater takes up to 1500 w so it is too confusing. to convert. I believe it may be per an hour to a battery from what my memory tells me. Then the overage goes trough and your electric meter will go back wards. To reduce your usage to them. I cant wait to hear if it saves you money.

Grammy said...

Kilowatt-hour 5kw to watts? A kilowatt hour is 1000 watts per hour, 5kW = 5000 watts I found an answer I under stand now. They should just make math universal.

Susan said...

You're well set up with the panels.

Love the candlewicking :D)

Leanne said...

The quilt is looking really beautiful

Florida solar panels said...

Wow! That is great! Just imagine how much you enjoy your solar panels. Nothing can stop your machine from quilting for you have the a lot of energy for it to operate.