Thursday, August 28, 2008

Words of Wisdom

I have been re-reading Polgara the sorceress lately and came across the line
"be happy in your work Pol"
It was her father saying that to her as he was leaving for an extended trip.
For some reason they struck something in me. I have not been a happy camper for a while lately and I think it has something to do with my work. I do not value it as I should. I have always been a stay at home mum and when people find that out the responce is usually "is that all you do" or "your a lady of leisure"'
Over the years I admit this has erroded my self esteme.I always wanted to stay at home to raise my children, I trully believe this is the best you can do for your kids. My kids have never had all the fad toys and gizmos as living on a single wage is hard, but they never suffered or went without.
But now I was being unhappy and Pols father reminded to remember why I choose this life, and why I still live this life, simple living.
When I remembered this, I remembered to be happy in my work.
So no matter what you do, no matter what others say, be happy in that work. Even if its not your ideal one, by being happy you will perform better and then you will manifest the job you want.
Its all in our own hands
see ya

No comments: