Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ponderings

This morning I am feeling about 100 years old. I have not been sleeping and the cold is really settling into my bones.
I looked outside and realised that as the years progress I may not be able to keep up the lifestyle we have chosen.
We are very lucky to have the land we do and it takes alot of effort to maintain it.
No matter how sick or tired you are or how wet or cold it is you have to go and tend the animals.
I know that the problem won't be a major issue for a long time yet but still I ponder these things.
When the time comes will I have the heart to let it all go. 5 acres will be alot to look after when we are in our 70's and 80's. But then again will I live that long.
My girlfriend had her op yesterday and the doctors are very optimistic, so issues of life, death and illness have been on my mind.
A simple life isn't simple, its lots of work and because we have decided to live this way no one else really can help. At least we can go shopping for our friend and she can turn the ducted heating on when shes cold. If we got sick who will plant the vegies, cop the firewood and lock up the chooks everynight.
These are some of the things I am pondering today.

No comments: