Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Frugal lunch

Today I wanted something a little different for luch, so I decided to use up the left over pumkin and a couple of potatoes. I always have light coconut milk and curry paste  from aldi in the cupboard so I made spicy pumkin soup.
You just cut up your pumkin, and a couple of small potatoes add enough water to cover and boil. when they are nearly soft enough to mash, add some curry paste. Boil until they are ready to mash and water level has reduced till almost ready to burn level. But not quite! Add the can of coconut milk and mash the vegies. Bring back to boil and simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes, till the coconut milk is cooked and the tast isnt too overpowering.
And viola spicy pumking soup, servered with homemade bread its delish, but I didnt make any so some toast is just as nice.
Warms you up on a chilly and rainy day like we are having today. And there is enough for hubby and babygirl to have some for their dinner too.
Hits the spot!
see ya

3 comments:

Sharon said...

That sounds good! I love pumpkin and a soup when it's cool is quite welcome! Plus it being easy doesn't hurt! :-)

Grammy said...

Yum! It is so nice to make 1 meal into 2. I love that part. :)

Gill - That British Woman said...

that sure does look yummy.....

Gill