Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A productive day fishing.

The weather was glorious and the water was so calm. There were heaps of boats out on the water and we were all hoping to catch some fish.
This was one of the many jelly fish that were in the water. I was worried about them with the boats prop, but they seemed quite content and avoided all the boats.


14 flathead, there the ones we kept. Flathead have to be 27centermeters to be legal. We caught heaps that were just under that. They all got thrown back to be caught another day.
While waiting for dear hubby to get the car so we could load up the boat I was waiting by the pier. I noticed these little fish swarming under the pier. There were some slightly larger ones too and I realised they were baby whiting. Ummm I wonder how long they take to grow big enough to eat. hahah
see ya

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Are they a relative of a catfish? I really can't tell from the picture. Looks like you got a good catch! Some to eat and some to freeze - or are you going to smoke them?

Gill - That British Woman said...

I was thinking that, they look sort of like a catfish. Do they feed off the bottom?

Check out this link about catfish noodling:

http://thatbritishwoman.blogspot.com/2008/09/this-is-so-funny.html

Grammy said...

What a wonderful time you had. I love your 30 second tent too. I am so happy to see you and hubby having a great outing with friends. It warms my heart. : )