Monday, September 20, 2010

a bit of a shock really! but a nice one

yep we had a nice shock this morning. Last night I heard the geese going off and panicked. I thought there was a fox and since it was about midnight I couldnt go outside to see. It was so dark that even with a torch I would not be able to see in their home.
So this morning I sent hubby out as I could not face seeing them if they were dead. Mother goose was sitting on a nest and that would of ment that we would of lost the potential new babies too.
Well hubby came back with a big smile on his face an announced that he counted 7 new goslins. He thought that they may even be a couple more but wasnt sure as mum had them all under her wings.
So that was what all the noise was about. I will post pics as soon as I am able to get close enough to take them.
Spring is definately on its way.
see ya

3 comments:

Grammy said...

That is wonderful new. I would love to see the photos. : )

Cindy said...

What a wonderful Sunday morning blessing! I too would love to see the pictures.

Hugs XX
Barbara
Moore Whimsies

Leanne said...

me too me too I wanna see the photos.

Our goose has no mate & keeps laying eggs, we found a new nest - she has 2 eggs so far. We have to take them off her as she will just sit & sit.