Friday, March 05, 2010

Bread and butter cucumbers

cut up your cucumbers into thin slices and salt carefully.
leave overnight.
next morning wash and put aside to dry.
in a pan add
white vinegar
sugar
white pepper corn
and water.
I used 3cups vinegar
1 cup sugar and a handful of the pepper corn.
I then added 1.5 cups water and brought the lot to the boil.
I washed and put jars into hot water while I waited for the vinegar to come to a boil.
Pack the jars with the cucumber and add the vinegar mix.
seal and put in canner.

This time I also added onion to the cucumber to salt but only left them for an hour.
I hope these tast like you remember. Its been a few years since I made the last batch and the family Iove them.
They will be ready to eat in about a week or so.
If you can hold out that long.
see ya

1 comment:

AJ-OAKS said...

Sounds easy enough to do pickles. Although I have never canned before so don't think I am brave enough to attempt it. Heck, I don't even know what a canner is!